You've raised a fascinating subject.  I believe there is no such constitutional bar recognized presently, though many people believe there is and a vigorous minority claims that the constitutional bar has been abrogated by a conspiracy of lawyers.

When I was admitted to the bar, I was of course let in on the conspiracy.  I therefore can refer you to a website that is rather enlightening on the general subject (though I am by secret oath required to reference only souces that are hostile to the lawyers-as-conspirators theory).  See <<http://www.thirdamendment.com/nobility.html>>.

Tom K