 In a message dated 10/2/03 10:20:51 PM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Still, to me, it brings to mind some of the
> later ambiguity of TWL, particularly the Hyacinth
> garden scene which may even allude back
> to "La Figlia che Piange"
>
>  Regards,
>      Rick Parker

Rick:

I'm looking at the hyacinth lines,

"
... when we came back, late, from the "**hyacinth** garden,  (i.e., flower
garden)
Your **arms full** and your **hair** wet,"

Knowing TSE's allusive style, it seems unlikely to be a coincidence that "La
Figlia", written many years earlier, contained the words "arms full", "hair",
and a reference to flowers ("Her **hair** over her arms and her **arms full**
of **flowers**").

-- Steve --