Ken Armstrong wrote:

>   I just can't get by the idea that he didn't leave her; she left him. He
> wants what he can't or doesn't know how to have ("weave, weave the sunlight
> in your hair."). Lines 1 through 16 are how he would have had it, now how
> he did have it. Line 17 is how it  happened. She turns and leaves him, and
> THAT (and what he rightly senses he has lost) is what compels his
> imagination, etc.

I was carefully looking at "La Figlia che Piange" and although the
narrator ("I") most strongly appeared to be the male character it
could also be the female character (or am I crazy?)  In that case
it may not be that she was instigating the breakup but picturing it
as it could have taken place, in a way that did not show that she
felt as much pain as she did.  Any comments?

Regards,
    Rick Parker