[log in to unmask] writes:

> Thanks in part to the Italian population's complacent behavior and in spite
> of the government's anti-semitic policies the lives of most of their own
> Jewish citizens were spared, but many of other nationality were rounded up and
> given over to the Nazis.

Complacent?  The Italians must have been a little more than just complacent
to save more than 90% of their Jewish citizens from the nazis. From what I've
read, they were active in the matter.  Then, of course, and I'm sure it is
politically incorrect to say this, the physical appearance of the majority of
Italian citizens and Jewish Italian citizens must have been so alike as to make it
very easy to hide the Jewish Italians in a crowd.