In a message dated 10/1/03 8:56:31 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> The Cubs and the Red Sox in the play offs!!

I refuse to believe in the Red Sox; they've broken my heart too many times.
Yet, Pedro has been looking invincible and Nomar unbelievable.  It starts at
10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time since the Sox will be playing in Oakland, CA, so
we'll be watching a lot of the game in bed and will probably be up to the
early hours of the morning.
Did you hear where that guy Buckner, the one who blew the World Series for
the Sox in 1986, was almost hit by a bus the day after that fateful game.  Yes,
he left the hotel where he was staying in Boston and stepped out onto the
street and a bus almost hit him.  Fortunately, the bus went through this legs.
Ha. ha.  I suppose that's an old joke in Massachusetts.