In a message dated 10/5/03 8:04:19 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Do you want to
> say that all abortion-opponents are not "real" xtians?

Anti-abortion is a legitimate and understandable stance.  I have no problem
with such a stance.  However, some of those same people who are anti-abortion
and say they are against killing any life are also pro-capital punishment.
Also, I can't understand the Pope's view, not the anti-abortion view, but the
anti-birth control view, when he visits Africa and sees the necessity for it, not
just because most of the people there are very poor and cannot handle large
families but also because that continent is being decimated by Aids.  Yet this
old, dying man is indeed brave, appearing before masses of people and
attempting to say Mass or whatever when he can hardly sit up in his chair.
And yes, I am simply drained from today's game.  The Red Sox won again.
Tomorrow is the final showdown in Oakland.  The Sox become unpredictable away from
Fenway, especially during the Playoffs, but Pedro will be running the show.
Speaking of the Pope, during the game today, the 8th inning, when the Red Sox
were losing 4-3 and had two men on base with two out, the tv cameras were
showing the crowd at Fenway.  Half were yelling and screaming and the other half
were praying.

Regards,

Kate