Date sent:              Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:54:34 +0200
From:                   Gunnar Jauch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: OT or OT? politics/Bush, et.al.
To:                     [log in to unmask]

am 7.10.03 0:12 Uhr schrieb Nancy Gish unter

> Out of curiousity, can you give any specific examples of this
> pandering you assert in a general way.  I can cite a mass of
> specifics about what is awful in Bush--just to start he plans to
> appoint to the head of the FDA a man who says the way women
> should deal with premenstrual tension is to read the Bible and he
> refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women, let alone
> wars and leaks and a failed economy.   What are the equivalent
> "extreme doctrines" on the Democratic side?
> Cheers,
> Nancy

Dear Nancy,

the list of misdeeds by the awful Bush administration could be prolonged.

The huge amounts of money pumped into the military, into such useless
projects as Star Wars and the resources necessary to occupy Iraq are
direly lacking in domestic fields such as education, public transportation
or health care. The U.S. postal system, e.g., approaches the level of a
third world country (I remember queuing up for an hour and a half at Grand
Central Post Office last December...).

And what about his callous neglect of the environment, reflected in the
"reform" of the Clean Air Act and the refusal to sign the Kyoto protocol?

What about his unwillingness to impose a fair peace agreement in the
Middle East (the U.S. being the only power with the clout to do so),
looking on as the Palestinians are deprived of their elementary human
rights, as Sharon is building thousands of miles of a useless wall and 500
new housing units on occupied land and is getting ready to murder Yassir
Arafat?

Some future day, the American citizens who trusted that hollow man will
realize their grave mistake.

Gunnar