Date sent:              Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:05:16 EDT
From:                   Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: OT or OT? Possible Perspectives
To:                     [log in to unmask]

In a message dated 10/6/2003 5:26:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> ...I could substitute the "Reverend" Jesse Jackson here and repeat my
> above Pat Robertson diatribe, but instead I'll ask, dear listers, do you
> recall when Jesse baptized Mike Tyson a few years ago? My, wasn't that a
> "life transforming" conversion? It only served to transform Mike into as
> the Bible would say, "twofold the child of hell that he was in the first
> place."

And thus we come to the problem in the country.  As shortsighted
and unacceptable as many of the Republicans' policies and
doctrines are, there is probably not currently a Democratic
candidate for President who would be able to defeat the current
President; it's not that some of their policies aren't a good deal
better; it's that they present themselves and act as the Republicans
do in too many unappealing ways, i.e. name calling and pandering
to special interest groups.  And in some doctrines, being too
extreme the other way so that the majority of Americans would be
turned off and, in fact, nervous, and thus the status quo would
appear to be the better option.