From: Rickard A. Parker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 10:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Waste land - A question about Mrs. Porter

Tole_errante wrote:

> Thank you for asking... about Waste Land
>
> I would be interested in knowing more about the following 3 lines:
>
> O the moon shone bright on Mrs. Porter
> And on her daughter
> They wash their feet in soda water
> (From Waste land written in 1922)

My website has a bit about this.  It even has links to midi sound files
and copies of the sheetmusic (I hope they are still active, checking
as many links that I have is a real chore.)
http://world.std.com/~raparker/exploring/thewasteland/exsongs.html#Red_Wing

Regards,
    Rick Parker

P.S.  - please cut all the unneeded part of the digest when sending
mail to the list.