From: Sara Trevisan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 3:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Prufrock's smoke and Inferno canto XV

Audrey is quite right about the typical promenades of the elderly,
especially in the old part of the town. Yet, it is often an individual
activity, at least here. If the elderly gather in groups, they'll mostly sit
on a bench in summer or at the bar and do as I said in my previous email.
In Southern Italy such groups as Rick described are socially important,
whereas in Northern Italy they don't seem to be.
You must remember that here in Italy habits change a lot from place to
place, even just withint a 10 mile distance. So, I can just tell you my own
experience, whereas I could never say anything that would be generally
agreed on.
Best regards,
Sara