From: Tom Gray [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

This is an important issue because the potential value
of the network seems to depend on its ability to
identify the preferences, location, activity, and
other information about users. Only in this way can
the network adapt to the user and offer services
beyond the rudimentary. Most people according to the
research do not object to the gathering of this type
of pervasive information.
That is what Madison Ave et al. (good old al.) have been
doing for a couple of generations at least, with the general
consuming public. You have described a logical extension of
that behaviour into a new, available area.

BTW, the word CONSUME means to waste and destroy, which is,
of course, what our consumer culture is emminently good at.
A former name for tuberculosis is CONSUMPTION.

We have a self-inflicted tuberculer social infection.

Cheers,
Peter