From: Vishvesh Obla
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 10/18/03 7:30 AM
Subject: OT : Idiomatic usage of the word 'blinding'

"There are a few lamentable misses. XXX is undoubtedly
one of brightest stars of the Tamil firmament. His
creative energy is blinding and his versatility
astounding. To top them, he has this irrepressible
urge to tell the reader what he has stumbled upon. And
he usually stumbles upon interesting things..."

I am curious about the usage of the word 'blinding' in
the above passage.  I see from dictionaries that it is
occasionally used for referring to anything dazzling
(and so seems to have a positive connotation), but
this word has always carried a negative connotation to
me.  I would appreciate if someone can let me know the
exact idiomatic usage of the word 'blinding'.

Thank you,

vishvesh