The national review online has an article, "defeating fascism again," by michael ledeen that dovetails quite nicely with the day'd discussion.

ciao,

DSR

"Luna is unacceptable," another proud H/H shipper.

Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
ararana wrote:

> [clip] I think
> what makes this poem attractive is that the author can be so child like and
> innocent in his request. It is as though he is not scarred with doubt and
> pessimism, but he can dare to dream.

A great fighter for human emancipation once gave the formula, "Pessimism
of the intellect, optimism of the will." Texts that merely indulge in a
generalized optimism undercut rather than ground real hope. I find the
text rather offensive myself. "Child like" or merely "childish"?

Carrol