Dear Listers,

Some of our off-topic judgments and, should i say, *evaluations* seem to be
a bit too strict, I daresay a bit too categorical. With all due respect, I
hardly expect ready-made truth announcements on the subject of world
politics (or on any subject, *a jerk like Berlusconi*, *the moron* Bush,
and the *third rate actor-in-politics* A.Sh. included) from a European or
an American with a corresponding cultural background. Especially from a
non-politician, but a humble admirer of modernist poetry and/or Eliot*s
verse in particular, like myself. As the reader of most messages who rarely
jumps into discussion, I would definitely welcome more flexibility, or
perhaps even indirectness in our judgments, which may prove helpful in
discussing fields beyond our direct expertise.

Temur