COMAL (Challenge Of a Missouri Annual List) numbers are due, as of September 30. Please send them to me at [log in to unmask] Include your name, city of residence, and number of species seen in MO in 2003. I'll update the master table and post it in a few days.

Remember, this is a friendly competition, open to all, where the number of bird species you have seen in Missouri in 2003 are shared with others. The point of this effort is not to outdo one another but instead to help others find the most species of birds that you, and they, can.

My sense is that September, with fall migrants, brought us many more "missing" birds than August. I look forward to reading about how your quests are going this year.

Susan
Susan Hazelwood, COMAL Compiler
Columbia, Boone County, Missouri