In a message dated 9/30/03 9:37:03 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

I just got back from England, and the pressure on Blair at this
week's Labour Party Conference is also a big issue, along with lots
of press speculation about his relation with Bush.  I think you need
to also realize that we in the US also are in large numbers horrified
by the "harebrained leader."  I just wish to remind you again that he
did not receive the majority of votes.  I won't go into the issue of
Florida, but there was no mandate by vote for any of this.

About Tony, I hope he makes it through and I think he will.  I really like him.  As to the Florida issue, I hope the election of this movie star in California will remove from the minds of most people that the people of florida are the most inept people in the nation becaue of their over indulgance in in sun and drink.  In the end, the issue of Florida could not be resloved  propertly because it all got so mixed up.  I was actually for another statewide election to inlcude only those who actually voted in the first election, but people in other states really balked at that, for that would have given Flroida an unseemly power.... .  She sings beyong the genious of the sea.  Oh, Florida.  Sail on to the cold, bare north where I will be unhappy forever.  Sail on, tall ship, sail on.
As for Bush, sorry, but I can't completely hate a guy who loves to run and who loves his pooches.  Unlike most of you, I wasn't against the war, but his domestic policies and his views on most social issues are simply ghastly.

Regards,

Kate