IIn a message dated 9/24/03 9:13:39 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Steve:
>
>  Huh?!?!?!?!  Seems a rather tortured scheme to gain support for other
gender
>  shifting ideas.  Why on earth would the narrator see "himself as a 'user'
of
>  the woman's body"?

Rick:

While the line in question is, "As the mind deserts the body it has used",
you have wholly misinterpreted what I meant.

I don't mean that the narrator thinks that his male body is inhabiting
(??using??) a woman's body. I meant that he is worrying to himself that he has used
her (i.e., mistreated, acted selfishly, been involved with her only for sex,
etc.). There's no notion of "gender shifting" in my post.

With that in mind, perhaps you would be so kind as to read my post again to
see if you have anything constructive to contribute.

-- Steve --