Missouri Birding E-zine (electronic newsletter) is up!

Go to www.mobirds.org and see for yourself. When the ASM home page comes up, click on Missouri Birding E-zine. That link will take you to the index page of the E-zine, from which you can access the other features by clicking on the appropriate links. Most links are now operative. It is still a work in progress, however. Changes will occur as feedback comes in. New features will be added as demand for them arises. Nevertheless, the following features are already up:

LATEST ISSUE - Leads to an essay introducing the E-zine and explaining the concept.

News - summarizes August birding reports in narrative form.

Coming Up - provides a map to the Fall Meeting. (This feature will be expanded in the future).

Editorial - an Editorial by Jerry Wade

Bird of the Month - a piece on the Bird of the Month with photo

Id Problem - a photo of the Mystery Bird of the Month..

Birder of the Month - a silly photo of me and bio narrative.

Opinion - a provocative essay on conservation

Photo Gallery - the first (hopefully of many) photos we'll publish

Poem - the first (hopefully of many) poems.

Eight "How to" links, including one which describes how to submit to Missouri Birding E-zine and discusses copyright issues.

Some of the other links in the index are still inoperative because we have not yet recruited volunteers to contribute them. These include the Article and Conservation links. Other links, such as Letters to the Editor, the Poetry Gallery and the "Rogues Gallery," will become operative as content accumulates. The COMAL link will become operative when we have COMAL results through August.

Once again, I apologize for the fact that so much of the first issue features me. I am trying to demonstrate the new concept by example. The easiest way to explain it is simply to do it, so I went ahead and did it. I shall be putting out a call for volunteers soon. Hopefully, future editions will feature a wide variety of contributors.

We need volunteers!

Please start thinking how you would like to contribute to Missouri Birder E-zine.

Thanks.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri