     Brenda was on the Internet and I got a call on Callwave.  It was Jack
Hilsabeck calling to say that the warblers were swamping his mist nets over at
the college.  It jumped in my jeep and headed over to Missouri Western State
College to where he had two mist nets set up.  When I got there, about 10:30 AM,
he had 12-15 birds in the holding bags already.  We caught about fifteen more
and began to extract them from the bags and identify, age, sex, band,
photograph and release them.  While we were doing this Dr. John Rushin, from the
college, showed up.  The three of us were quite busy for a while (until about 1
PM).
      Our final tally of birds was:

Red-eyed Vireo (5)
Mourning Warbler (2)
Yellow Warbler (1)
Black-and-white Warbler (2)
Wilson's Warbler (6)
Nashville Warbler (1)
Chestnut-sided Warbler (3)
Least Flycatcher (1)
    Empidonax flycatcher (6) [Acadian/Trail's]

     Twenty-seven birds banded by us (Jack had banded several birds before
Dr. Rushin and I arrived).

     It was a great morning and we plan to go back about 5 PM and see if we
can net any more birds!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan Co.