I found 5 Least Bitterns in a small pool of water -about all that's left in Swan Lake Pool. I was told it will be dry until next spring so more restoration work can be done.
There was also 6 Green Herons and 7 River Otters in the small amount of water.
I hesitate to mention it after last year, but John Guthrie, manager, saw a Yellow Rail whole mowing a levee yesterday.  I was only able to fine 2 Soras in the same area.  I saw 2 Red Shouldered Hawks, a juvenile Northern Harrier and 40 Turkey Vultures also on the refuge.
I stopped and counted 150 Great Egets at Pershing State Park on the way home.

Later, Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co