A number of mobirds' subscribers have pointed out the fact that Brewer's at
this time of year in MO is unlikely. I consulted my copy of Birds of
Missouri and it too casts doubt on the likelihood of this species at this
time.

However, I am confident of my ID and have provided my neighbor
(mother-in-law) with my digital camera and am hoping she can take some pics
of this pair. She spotted them yesterday and they were still hanging around
tonight.

With any luck, I'll have digital pics to send along with my write-up for the
MBRC.

Stranger things have happened!

Patrick

  _____