I saw a Sharp-shinned Hawk in Indepdendence about ten days ago while driving I-70 between M-291 and Noland Road. Today, I saw a Cooper's Hawk fly across Blue Ridge Blvd. near 40th Street.

It seems very early and unusual to see accipiters around town in August. One thing is certain. They were not pushed down by a cold front!

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri