Many thanks to Charley Burwick, Jerry Farm, Torrey Berger, Anne Downing,
Michael Cravens, Andrew Forbes and Doug Corbett...  With your help, I have identified both
critters as Black Rat Snake (Elaphe obsoleta obsoleta) and Female Common
Whitetail Skimmer (Libellula lydia).  From that information, I was able to
go to 'google.com' and get beaucoup websites to look at, and to further
expand my knowledge.  THANK YOU!!

Margy Terpstra