This morning we took the River Road from Hartsburg, MO
through Easley, Mo. and ended up at Eagle Bluffs
Conservation Area.  Our hope was to observe shorebirds on
the sandbars now that the river is lower.  Boy, did we see
shorebirds!!!    I estimate that in total we had 1000+ birds
while viewing three large sandbar areas - 1) viewed from the
boat launch area at Hartsburg;  2) another about half way
between Hartsburg and Easley, and 3) third area was viewed
from Cooper's Landing just upstream from Easley.

All of these sandbars were on the opposite side of the river
from us (of course!),  so many birds were out of our optic
range. Lots of "little guys" and "medium sized guys".  But
we were able to identify the following and the ending number
indicates which sandbar complex:
Least Sandpiper - all
Pectoral Sandpiper - all
Sanderling - 1, 3