Canada Warbler
I spent 20 minutes this morning watching a female Canada Warbler in my
backyard.  Two revelations from that observation:
1.  She flicked her wings nearly as frequently as a Ruby-crowned Kinglet
2.  She ate a 2 to 2.5 inch walking stick!  She maneuvered --how the
heck do you spell that word--you know, moved it around--until it was
lengthwise, much as a Great Blue Heron with a large fish.  It seemed to
go down quite easily.

Buff-breasted Sandpiper
3 were at the Evergreen Sod Farm mid afternoon yesterday.  They were
mowing the grass, so much disturbance.

Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Tubby is still here (first seen Aug 8).  I have tried to explain
wing-loading and aerodynamics to him, but he just sits there and burps.
He gives no indication he is considering a southbound flight.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO