In my few years on MoBirds I have seen many fall posts
that contain Clay Colored Sparrow.  This is a bird I
am not familiar with in the fall (and lucked out on
this past spring).  I have discussed this topic with
others off list and have found that many are hesitant
to ID this bird in the fall (for similarity with
Chipping Sparrows at that time).  So my question is,
"Can a Clay Colored Sparrow be ID'd in the fall with
confidence?" Any tips, advice, etc. would be
appreciated......I believe their are others on the
list interested in this topic, so PLEASE disucss with
all.

Thanks,
Josh

=====