I birded deep water near Bagnell Dam and quite a bit of shoreline and open channel water several miles on either side of mile marker 26 at Lake of the Ozarks over the last 30 hours. I saw or heard 23 Mallards and one Belted Kingfisher. That's it for the water type birds!

The boat traffic and wave action were less than some summer weekends and yet it was still like being at the ocean with the wave action, even back in the relatively quiet cove in which we were staying. I'm not surprised that there aren't more water birds at the Lake of the Ozarks during the summer month.

About 20 Killdeer and one E. Starling at the Callaway County sod farm along Hwy 63 on my way home today.

Susan
Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, Boone County, Missouri