We have been feeding approximately 2 dozen Ruby-throated Hummingbirds this spring and summer. That number has now increase to an approximate count of 3 - 4 dozen. It is getting harder to keep up the sugar feeding with only 4 feeders - and to keep sugar in the house!  This is the largest count we have observed here on the farm in the 3 years of documenting.

Cat Foster
rural Flemington, Polk County, MO