We had a small thread earlier about birders' ruts and the advantages of
checking new places.  This piece from the AZ listserv is in response to
a compilation of the birds sighted in each county (a list kept in
Kansas, also, by the way).  The Kansans also have a county personal list
posted monthy.  The minimum for list per county is 75.

Great job, Kurt!   Now that the lists are available, it's time to start
a county listing competition as in California.  The California goal is
to see 200 species in each of its 58 counties.  We've learned a lot and
it takes you to some interesting places.  Helps break the "Birding
Stations of the Cross Habit"

There are permutations of the birding habit, game, compul...  that we
have yet begun to explore in Missouri.

And, on a side note, I think that works out to about 3 candidates for
governor per CA county.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO