This morning I scanned the grass near the sprinklers at the Jeff.
City sod farm for a considerable time without seeing the
Buff-breasted Sandpiper. I drove a short distance north and saw one
in the grass in an area between two billboards. I saw it well, but
two tractors came along and it flew, probably into a nearby area of
long grass. It was not until I returned home that I read Josh's
e-mail stating that he found it by the billboards.

Bill Goodge
Columbia