Hello MOBirders,

COMAL (Challenge Of a Missouri Annual List) numbers as of July 31, 2003 are due. Please send to [log in to unmask]

For those unfamiliar, COMAL is a friendly competition with yourself, and others if you so chose, to see how many bird species you can see in Missouri in one year. Progressive totals are reported monthly to me and I input the data into a table that I post to MOBirds-L around the 4th or 5th of the each month. Everyone is invited to submit their numbers. It is not only interesting to see how the leaders are doing but how your own numbers compare to previous years.

Now is the time the leaders (and some of us who aren't leaders) start needing help from our birding buddies in finding those species missing from our lists. Its also the time of year to be on the lookout for zooties, those unexpected species that show up during post-breeding dispersal and migration.

Eyes open = better birding!
Susan
Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, Boone County, Missouri