This from the OK listserv.  So--they're in OK and KS.

I noted with interest Ms. Browning's post about Buff-breasted Sandpipers
she
observed yesterday near Tulsa.  We have a real reliable sod farm location
near Wichita, which in prior years during August has hosted up to 350
BBSP
at once.  Over the past 4 years, the first fall arrival date for these
birds
at this site has always been within three days of August 1.    On the
28th
of July, 1 was seen there, and yesterday, Aug. 2,  27 were counted there
by
Don Vannoy.    So they are true to pattern again this year.   Consistent
little fellers..........
Pete Janzen

Jean Leonatti reported no action at the sod farm on old 40 west of
Columbia.  Are folks checking other sites?

Edge Wade
Missouri Bird Alert compiler