The Yellow-crowned Night Herons at Swan Lake were seen in the very SW part of the refuge.  This is on the west side of the road that continues past South Pool. This is past where the public is pernitted to drive.   I have seen them there at different time throughout the day.  Sedge Wrens were along this road also as well as elsewhere on the refuge.   MIght stop at the visitors center and ask for permission to drive down it or call me and I might be able to meet you there.

Steve