I found an American Bittern at a private wetlands reserve area on the west side of the wet  prairie at Pershing State Park this AM.
There was also 1 immature Yellow-crowned Night Heron there.  At another private wetland nearby were 8 adult YC Night Herons.  I have often  found them in this vicinity, but not so many before.
Some the other birds seen in these areas:
Pied Billed Grebe
Blue-winged Teal
Red-shouldered Hawk
Semi-palmated plover -1
Upland Sandpiper -1 fly-over
Bell's & White-eyed Vireos
plus the usual other ducks, waders,and shorebirds
There were a couple hundered shorebirds at the shrinking pool  on the north side of 36 Hwy at Pershing Park.  They were mostly Pectoral Sandipers.  Saw 1 Forster's Tern also and  lots of Wood Ducks there plus Green & Great Blue Herons, Great Ergets, and Kingfishers

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.