Joshua et al.,

There is no shorebird habitat at Schell-Osage.  Most
everything is dry and grown up with weeds.  You can
see lots of Indigo Buntings, Red-winged Blackbirds,
and Great Blue Herons.

Conditions are also awful (for shorebirds) at Four
Rivers.

The Aldrich area of Stockton Lake had decent mudflats
but only a few Spotted Sandpipers and Killdeer were
seen taking advantage of them.

Charley Burwick and I were just up there today.

David
Springfield (for another week)

--- Joshua Uffman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Curious as to what the shorebird habitat is like at
> Schell-Osage right now if anyone knows???  Last I
> believe reading was that it was very dry.  Also if
> anyone has any other suggestions for places to check
> south of S-O for shorebirds I would appreciate it.
>

> =====
> Joshua Uffman
> St. Louis County, MO

=====
"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com