At 09:58 AM 8/5/2003 -0500, Edge Wade wrote:
>This was on the AZ listserv.  A subsequent entry noted that the Becards
>have not been absent, but agreed and furthered the basic comment.
>
>Are we neglecting "underbirded" areas in Missouri because of our
>flocking behavior?

Undoubtedly!!

>Do we have enough birders out there checking little
>known "odd spots" and reporting on them?

No.

>   Have you checked a new spot
>this year?

Yes, I'm always trying new ones. I shudder to think (in a pleasant way!)
what incredible finds we would have at places like Ten Mile Pond and Otter
Slough (or Mingo, for that matter) if they were birded as intensively as
Riverlands and  Eagle Bluffs.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau