Great shot of a Great Egret with a small fish.

Mike Grant

-----Original Message-----
From: Wisconsin Birding Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Brian Boldt
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:12 AM
To: Wisconsin Birding Network
Subject: [WISBIRDN] :lucky picture

Haven't been birding much lately while I'm working on buying a house,
but made it to the impoundment tonight to take some pictures. I was
shooting this egret, and was trying to get it with a fish in it's bill,
but I was a fraction of a second late and it tossed the fish back to
swallow - fortunately the shutter speed was also high, so I wound up
with probably the luckiest shot I've ever gotten:

http://birds.excelcomm.com/egret_gulp.jpg

Brian Boldt / Milwaukee