This is just in from the Kansas list.  We should be keeping a look out
for Roseate Spoonbills, Wood Storks, etc., in this post-breeding
wandering season.

Edge Wade
Missouri Bird Alert compiler

Within the last hour, out of state birders on the Wildlife Drive at
Quivira NWR called on their cell phone to report seeing a roseate
spoonbill. Refuge staff has not confirmed the sighting due to pressing
deadlines but the visitors were very excited and surprised to see the
bird.  The spoonbill was directly west of the corner on the east side of
the Wildlife Drive,where the road makes a sharp southward turn.  The
bird was west of the road, in the center wetland on the Drive, with a
large group of egrets. We assume this is the bird that has been seen
recently south of the Refuge
near Hazelton, KS.