Another comment on vireos: I always think of the bell's vireo song as
"asking a question, then answering the question"--it is so very distinctive.
And the warbling vireo ends his last note with an "upward question".

Regarding habitat, I have most often found nesting bell's vireo around a
patch of roughleaf dogwood, a shrub which has a flat-topped cluster of white
blossoms in spring, and little white berry drupes in the fall (which all the
birds love, especially bluebirds). I have found at least 3 bell's nests in
these groves of roughleaf dogwood, plus many territorial bell's.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.