Thanks for all the advice on distinguishing between the two vireos.  I
actually do have a bird song CD that I listened to when I got home, but
unfortunately I'm not musically inclined and have a hard time remembering
new songs without some kind of "lyrics" to help them stick.  After reading
your suggestions I listened to my CD (and the enature website) again and I
can really hear the difference now.  I can't wait for my next day off so I
can go practice in the field!

Lori Lind