From:   Kraft, Ottalee  (UMC-Student)
Sent:   Wed 7/2/2003 7:38 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Columbia Spoonbill -YES!
At about 5:00 p.m. this evening I found the roseate spoonbill that had been reportedly seen in Columbia on Monday.  The bird was at the same location -- Johnson Grove pond.  The is on WW (Broadway) about 3 miles east of the Hwy 63 entrance/exit.

Did not find the bird when I checked this morning nor at about 4:00 p.m. when I drove by.  There is quite a bit of tall vegetation and no real place to park other than the owner's drive.  The road has virtually no shoulder and traffic moves at about 55 mph, making it difficult to spot the bird.

Frank and I are headed back over to see if we can get photos.  Will post results later.

Lee Schiffel
Columbia, MO