Today, in front of my house, right here St. Louis (suburban Maplewood), a
Cooper's Hawk flies in low with two robins on the run. The hawk snagged one
of them (the slower one I guess) while the robin was in mid-flight. Quite
spectacular! The hawk then flew directly to the large White Pine just across
the street and had a little lunch of the bird. It was a Wild Kingdom moment.
If only Jim were there!