Shawn (et. al.)

  The 7 birds located at the area first reported by Joe Eades required a
scope to be identified when I saw them, but they offer excellent "life-list"
views in my Leica at 30 power. They were readily identifiable.

1) Come south down I-55 to the Highway 60 intersection (exit # 66 on I-55).

2) Proceed west down Highway 60 towards Poplar Bluff to the Highway 114 Gray
Ridge, MO exit (approx 10.3 miles from I-55)

3) Turn left (west)  onto 114 and go approx 1.5 miles to Stoddard County
Highway CC (towards Baker, MO)

4) Continue south down Stoddard County Hwy CC approx 3 or 4 miles to the
Stoddard County Highway HH intersection. At this intersection, zero your
trip
    meter again, and continue straight south down Stoddard Cnty Hwy CC for
another 3.4 to 3.5 miles.

5) You'll be looking for a little turn-out to the left, where the tractors
pull into the fields. It will have a crushed beer can right dead center of
the dirt road, just off the pavement. It was the only one I saw :) It will
have flooded rice fields on both sides.  Scope the enitre field area, both
sides, for the FUWD.  Jim and Charlene Malone and I had them about 2 or 3
hundred yards down the little access road, then about 1-2 hundred feet to
the right.  Just scope the entire field and you should find their cute
little faces poking out at you. You may have to wait for them to get spooked
up out of the field for a full-on life view, but you'll know them when you
see them.

Another note; when you turn south on to Stoddard Cnty Hwy CC, you'll
immediately see rice fields and their associated levees.  Scan down each of
these until you get to the FUWD spot...My girlfriend and I found another 4
FUWD about 3 or 4 miles north of the original spot this way. You'll also
find Black-necked Stilts nesting on these levees.

Good Luck!

Leslie Keith Koller
Sikeston, Scott County, Missouri