I happen to enjoy semantic debates, having majored in philosophy, so to add
my 2cents... I'd say the difference might boil down to those disturbances,
which most animal species come to expect in a world filled with daily
conflicts and those nuisances that get under our skin and invites a fight or
flight reaction. An unanticipated motorcycle bellowing down the street may
disturb me, but my next door neighbor who revs up his Harley every morning
before bellowing down the street is a real nuisance!!!