Lee Kraft-Schiffel wrote "I ended the month of May with a total of 217. Seems that every year I do this I see a few more birds - increasing my COMAL numbers and expanding my life list.  This has been a fun and educational way to improve my identification skills, both visual and sound.  It would not have been possible without all of the help from fellow birders."

I agree. I have improved my own birding ID skills and knowledge base as a result of COMAL. Most of that learning curve has been through the facilitation of other birders. That community of fellowship, of birders wanting to share birds they've seen with others, defines this avocation for me.

Nancy VandenBrink tells us that her current COMAL score of 146 beat last year's total by 2! Several others of you have written that you remain ahead of last year's pace and that you're pleased. Congratulations!

Patrick Harrison, Joe Eads, Jim Malone, and Josh Uffman have been working hard on their COMAL lists this year. I don't seem to have a report from Patrick for this month. Is he keeping us in suspense or did I lose his email? Patrick, perhaps you'll share you your numbers with those of us who are observing from the sidelines. We're wondering!
COMAL 2003

      NAME
     CITY
     DATE