From: Mike McDowell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:38 PM
To: WisBirdNet
Subject: Nine Springs in Images

WisBirders,

Al Schirmacher and Andy Paulious made Nine Springs sound so worthwhile,
I decided to escape the wilds of Waunakee and took the digiscoping gear
along with me.  I got rained on once, but after the storm system moved
through the winds weren't quite as harsh.  The lighting for photography
was just about perfect, too.  I hadn't been to Nine Springs in a while,
so looking at the "common" shorebirds was still pretty exciting for me.
Checked off a few of those year-birds.  Also worth mentioning is five
swallow species plus PURPLE MARTIN were observed there this evening.
Okay, on with the pictures...

[NOTE:  No sign of any Western-ish looking sandpiper.]

Dunlin (wow...does he ever look angry!)

http://www.mailbag.com/users/maverick/birdDUNL.html

Another Dunlin

http://www.mailbag.com/users/maverick/birdDUNL2.html

Semipalmated Plover

http://www.mailbag.com/users/maverick/birdSEPL.html

Ruddy Turnstone

http://www.mailbag.com/users/maverick/birdRUTU2.html

Semipalmated Sandpiper

http://www.mailbag.com/users/maverick/birdSPSA.html

Red-necked Phalarope (What's this?  Perfectly still?)

http://www.mailbag.com/users/maverick/birdRNPL2.html

Typical...

http://www.mailbag.com/users/maverick/birdRNPL3.html

Enjoy!