     I have written a report about the three-day trip that I took with
Telegraph reporter Shawn Clubb to the Lake Erie area on the weekend of May
17 through 19. We visited Crane Creek State Park near Toledo, Ohio, Point
Pelee National Park near Leamington, Ontario, and Huron National Forest near
Mio, Mich.
     In the first two places, we had a total of about 26 species of
warblers, along with a few other interesting birds, including the
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER, CONNECTICUT WARBLER and MOURNING WARBLER at
Crane Creek. The highlight of our trip probably was the last day, when we
went even farther north to Mio, Mich., and were rewarded with somewhat
distant but unmistakeable views of KIRTLAND'S WARBLER.
     Some of the list subscribers have told me they enjoyed my past reports
from this trip, and I appreciate their kind words. Because of the length of
the report and because I touch on a few non-birding subjects, such as local
food, I've chosen not to file the full report to Mobirds this year. Instead,
if there is anyone out there who would like to read it, please message me
privately at [log in to unmask], and I'll be glad to forward it to you.

Steve Whitworth, Glen Carbon, Madison County, IL