We went East today, following Edge's successful viewing of the king rail,
instead of West to see the red knot.

We were successful partly, at least.

1 king rail: Prairie slough, in the cat tails by the restrooms. We must
have clanged our 2 quarters together for  1/2 hr trying to lure this bird
out before we finally saw it!!

painted bunting male: Katy Trail, Weldon Springs access.  Finally saw it
at 5 minutes before 6PM. It was across the drainage ditch in a small bush.
Thanks to Margy Terpstra for noting that she had seen it in that
direction!

Harold and Kathleen Anderson, Columbia