Date: Sunday, June 15, 2003 2:57:32 AM
Subject: Re: OT Anti-human

one's intellectual gifts to arrive at the predetermined conclusion that
war, occupation, nation building is always and ever wrong except when
countries other than the US participate (read Ivory Coast), and infinitely
worse is to continue in this bankruptcy after thousands upon thousands are
dug up in mass graves. Yes, surely it would have been better to allow such
practices to continue<<<<

I'm so but this is just giving in to the nonsense that exists right now.
NO all war is not wrong, but this war against iraq was VERY wrong. THis
argument is just plain wrong! THe mass graves you talk about were partly
created in 1988 when the US and UK government countinued to support Saddam
and the ba'ath regime. In fact the stepped up their support for him after
he did this. Now America claims that him using "chemical weapons against
his own people" makes him comparable to Hitler, Saddam was in power since
1970 and was continually supported while he terrorized his people!

After the 1991 Gulf war, Poppy Bush encouraged the Iraqi people to rise up
against Saddam and then bowed out of the picture when they started to get
cold feet about the possibility of closer links with Iran, or that the
Kurds in the north might de-stablize Turkey. Saddam crushed the rebellion.
And what about the 1,000,000 dead iraq's, vicitms of sanctions (but i
suppose you still believe that Saddam was stopping the aid getting to his
people? -read the UN report, this is NOT the case)

THis war was about oil (Paul wolfavitz, admitted this)(sic?)and there are
no morals in oil.
I agree tyranny should be stopped, so why no Zimbabwae, Why not N. Korea?
Why not Burma?

As for nation building, bah, humbug! Look at Afganistan, the taliban still
control most of it, 97 Iraqi "terrorists" were murdered on thursday even
though Iraqi witnesses claimed that they were no such thing. EVERYONE
wanted Saddam gone but some of us lamented it could not have come earlier,
and not for the right reasons.

"using one's intellectual gifts to arrive at the predetermined conclusion
that war" is justified by it's ends NOW THAT'S morally bankrupt! If you
can't see the dollar signs shinning in people's eyes trying looking a bit
closer

http://career.msn.co.jp/
.