In a message dated 6/14/03 11:28:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

My apologies to those French who did not support their corrupt leaders.  Kate shall kiss you and magically transform you back into princes.

Well, I already did this once.  My husband was born and lived the first 25 years of his life in France.  And he often refers to "them" as froggies and it is certainly not meant in a bad way; to the contrary.  I'll be coming home from doing whatever on a Saturday afternoon and he'll tell me rather excitedly that there's a "froggie" in the final (big tennis match or other sporting event).  But, he has been exceedingly disappointed and embarrassed at their behavior these past few months.  Oh, and by the way, there was a report on the news that American tourism in France is down 25%, and the French in response have commenced a major media blitz, trying to portray themselves as friendly and fun, and really fond of Americans. Tres amusant.